Suggested Teacher Timeline for Science Fair Projects
August – September:
- Student selects research topic, begins literature review in library.
- Student completes literature review (background research for report); writes hypothesis, objectives, and methods and materials; prepares data book; completes necessary paperwork such as human subjects forms.
Due October 27: SASEF Teacher Grants Due
November – December:
- Student completes experiment, analyzes data, writes report and abstract. December 1: SASEF registration opens
- Deadline for Pre-Approval Paperwork that includes Scientific reviews by SASEF SRC is January 15th
- In-school fairs may be held at this time (if held after the Feb 28th deadline, then students qualify for the following year’s SASEF, not this year’s); winners selected to participate in SASEF.
- Student completes data book.
- Student uses online entry site to complete entry forms
Due February 28: SASEF Entry Forms Due
- Student and teacher are informed about acceptance into SASEF (listed on SASEF website–please check there), all paperwork issues must be resolved.
- Student prepares poster; practices for judge interviews.
- SASEF held March 30 – April 2, 2020 at Thompson Boling Arena on The University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus.