Judge registration for the 2023 SASEF fair is will open Fall 2022!
Each year, SASEF needs about 100 category and special award judges. In the past, scientists, engineers, and teachers in and around Knoxville have participated. Most judges work in pairs.
If you have never been a judge, but would like more information about joining our team of volunteers, please read through the information below. If you have further questions please contact Leah Berry at email@example.com.
Read through this Judge’s Guide to learn more about the judging expectations, project categories, awards, and a tentative schedule for judging day.
Here is the 2022 SASEF Judging Rubric to be used at this year’s fair.
Timeline for Judges
Contacted by judge supervisor
Register online as a judge (at this time you indicate your preferences for judging – age group, discipline, etc.)
End of February
Student applications due
Judge assignments completed and judges notified
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- 12:30-1:00 pm: Judge assembly for instructions
- 1:00-1:15pm: Welcome and announcements
- 1:15-3:00 pm: Judges only on the judging floor (no students present)
- 3:00-5:00 pm: Judges interview students
- 5:00-7:00 pm: Judges submit score sheets, judges for each category meet to choose category winner and recommend projects for higher awards
- 7:00-9:00 pm: Lead judges meet to choose final winners
Thursday, March 30, 2023
Awards ceremony, all judges invited