*Registration is open now*
Go to the SASEF Online Registration System to register your project.
Below you will find detailed description of each phase of registration. It is recommended that you read the entire registration procedure in order to avoid any errors in registration process. All registration steps must be completed by posted deadlines. For additional help with registering, use this Step-by-Step Guide with screenshots.
- Human subjects
- Vertebrate animals
- Any item, material, or substance that can maim, kill, or shock
- If yes – your project requires pre-approval. Proceed to b below.
- If no – your project may not require pre-approval. Proceed to b below.
- If no – your project requires pre-approval. Proceed to c below.
- If yes – your project does not require pre-approval. Do not complete c below.
- Login to your project account and click on “Pre Approval Paperwork” at the top of the page.
- Follow all steps to submit pre-approval forms.
- SASEF will review your submission and notify you of your status.
under “Student Information” click on “upload entry form”. At the top of this
page, click on “generate entry form”. Review this form for accuracy. If correct,
print and have the student, parent, and teacher sign this form. Then upload
the entry form to the project account.
Mail cash or a check made out to “SASEF” to:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
ATTN: Jason Moody
218 Student Services Building
1331 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996
|If paid:||Fee Amount|
|Before Feb. 1||$10.00|
|From Feb. 1-15||$20.00|
|From Feb. 16-28||$30.00|
a. After you have completed step 4, upload a complete set of ISEF forms as
determined by completing the ISEF Rules Wizard. All projects will be required to
submit ISEF Forms 1, 1A, and 1B regardless of whether they needed pre-approval
(step 3). To do this login to your project account here and click on “Final ISEF Forms” at the top of the page.
Note: please upload all required ISEF forms in one document (PDF,
JPEG, DOC, and DOCX file formats no larger than 8MB).
b. An abstract is required for all projects. There is a 250-word limit for abstracts. To upload your abstract, login to your project account here. Find the abstract section and click “edit”. Type – or copy and paste – your abstract into the box and click “submit”.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, SASEF will be held virtually on March 29-30, 2021. All participating projects will be required to submit additional information about their project for online judging.
In the SASEF Online Registration System, students will be asked to submit a:
- Project presentation (required) – instead of the traditional physical poster a slide deck (or slide show) will be required for all projects.
- Quad chart (required) – summarizes the project using a single page.
- Project video (optional) – a 2-minute presentation is optional for each project. Judges are not required to review the video.
These virtual fair items are due no later than March 24, 2021. Students can upload these items into their online project accounts.
Find more details about the virtual fair requirements here.