Registration for SASEF 2024 will open September 5th!
Below you will find a detailed description of each phase of registration. It is recommended that you read the entire registration procedure in order to avoid any errors in the registration process. All registration steps must be completed by posted deadlines. For additional help with registering, use this Step-by-Step Guide with screenshots.
- Human subjects
- Vertebrate animals
- Any item, material, or substance that can maim, kill, or shock
- If yes – your project requires pre-approval. Proceed to b below.
- If no – your project may not require pre-approval. Proceed to b below.
- If no – your project requires pre-approval. Proceed to c below.
- If yes – your project does not require pre-approval. Do not complete C. below.
- Login to your project account and click on “Pre Approval Paperwork” at the top of the page.
- Follow all steps to submit pre-approval forms.
- SASEF will review your submission and notify you of your status.
Mail a check made out to “SASEF” to:
PO Box 33022
Knoxville, TN 37930
|If paid:||Regular Fee Structure (print or build poster on your own)||Poster Fee Structure (opt-in to have the university print poster for you)|
|Before Feb. 1||$10||$20|
|From Feb. 1-15||$20||$30|
|From Feb. 16-28||$30||$40|
After you have completed step 4, upload a complete set of ISEF forms as
determined by completing the ISEF Rules Wizard. All projects will be required to
submit ISEF Forms 1, 1A, and 1B regardless of whether they needed pre-approval
(step 3). For your reference, here is a link to all the blank ISEF forms. To complete step 6, log in to your project account here and click on “Final ISEF Forms” at the top of the page.
The SASEF fair requires all students to submit their posters digitally in advance of the fair. This is to assist in the judging process so that judges can access student posters after students have left the judging floor. Students will still bring a physical copy of their poster to the fair.
Note: When creating the poster board to display at the fair, make sure you do not include your last name, your school’s name, or pictures of a person’s face other than your own.
In the SASEF Online Registration System, students will be asked to submit a:
Project Poster (required) – All students must submit a digital version (PDF file) of their project poster no later than the deadline of March 15, 2024. When creating your poster please note that SASEF has display guidelines as well as the rules set out by the Regeneron International Science & Engineering Fair Guidelines (see page 26-28 of this PDF). Login to your project account here to submit your digital poster by the deadline.
General notes on the project poster requirements:
- Here is a poster template to help you get started. You are not required to use this template, and you are welcome to make design changes to the template as you wish
- You are welcome to submit a traditional project poster board (e.g. tri-fold board) if you wish, but you must make sure all parts of the PDF that you submit digitally are visible and legible
- For a small fee, students can opt-in to have the university print their research poster and pick it up on the day of the event (see step #5 above for further details on this option)
- Maximum size of Project Display, not project poster:
- Depth (front to back): 30 in
- Width (side to side): 48 in
- Height (floor to top): 108 in
- SASEF provided tables will be no higher than 36 in
- Project Posters should be no larger than 24 inches high by 36 inches wide.
Quad Chart (not required) – NEW! Quad Chart is only required from projects selected for the ISEF competition.
Project Video (optional) – a 2-minute presentation is optional for each project. Judges are not required to review the video. The final video must be submitted as a YouTube link.
Additional Supporting Documents (optional) – you may also submit any additional supporting documents if you wish. Supporting documents may include photos, charts, surveys, project reports/summaries, etc.